The association shall consist of members whose names are on the register of the members of the association at the time these rules and byelaws come into operation and of subsequent members, who shall be persons who, being eligible, shall after the date of adoption of these rules and byelaws of the association be duly admitted in such manner and upon such conditions as may be prescribed from time to time by the rules and byelaws.
The headquarters of the association shall be located at Bangalore. The office of the journal of the association shall be where the editor is.
There shall be a register or a list on any medium either as a book or on the computer, in which the names of all the members of the association shall be entered along with their qualifications and addresses, contact numbers and emails.
The members of the association in any zone / zones shall wherever deemed possible / necessary, group themselves into local chapters, subject to written approval by the council of the association
The year of the association and all its zonal branches for financial purposes shall be from 1st April each year to 31st of March the following year.
The members of the association shall pay an annual / lifetime subscription as provided by the byelaws or as discussed and ratified by the members during the general body meeting.
Privileges of Membership
- Payment of each year’s / lifetime subscription shall entitle the members for that period to all privileges of membership of the association.
- A member shall be entitled to receive a copy of the journal of the association and of other publications and communications of the association either free of cost or at such rates as the association may fix from time to time.
- All members shall have the right to attend and take part in discussion on all meetings, general and special as arranged by the association.
- All members shall have the right to attend conferences and CME / workshop programs that are organized by the association or any of its zonal branches.
- All members shall enjoy any other privileges that may hereinafter be conferred by the association.
Management of the Association
The general control, management and direction of the policies and affairs of the association shall be vested in a body styled as the executive members. The executive members are constituted by nomination or election from among the existing full members of KC-IAPM as per certain pre-requisite pre-conditions as defined by the association byelaws.
Composition of Executive Committtee
The executive committee shall be composed of the following members of the association with further additions as and when felt necessary by the general body:
- Vice president
- Executive committee members (number as decided by the members at the general body meeting)
- Immediate past Hon. Secretary and president (ex-officio)
- Zonal chairpersons (invited, with no voting rights)
Pre-condtions for nomination & terms office of Executive Committee
The members of executive council of KC-IAPM are either nominated by the members during the general body meeting, or are elected by secret ballot or by show of hands as decided by the general body of the association
- President:. Eligibility for the post of president shall be as per norms / guidelines that have been formulated by the executive committee and ratified by the general body of the association.
- Vice president: Eligibility for the post of vice-president shall be shall be as per norms / guidelines that have been formulated by the executive committee and ratified by the general body of the association.
- Secretary: Eligibility for the post of Hon. secretary shall be shall be as per norms / guidelines that have been formulated by the executive committee and ratified by the general body of the association.
- Treasurer: Eligibility for the post of Hon. Treasurer shall be shall be as per norms / guidelines that have been formulated by the executive committee and ratified by the general body of the association.
- Executive committee members: Eligibility for the post of EC member shall be shall be as per norms / guidelines that have been formulated by the executive committee and ratified by the general body of the association.
- Additional posts: Additional posts / portfolios may be created with in the executive based on recommendations and approval by the general body of KC-IAPM
Annual meeting of Executive Committee
The annual meeting of the executive committee shall ordinarily be held on the day prior to the general body meeting during the annual conference of the association. The secretary shall call this meeting by sending the invitation and agenda for the meeting at least one month in advance to all executive committee members. The organizers of the conference shall be requested to make the arrangements for the meeting. In the extra-ordinary event of its not being held as scheduled, the same shall be scheduled by the Hon. secretary in consultation with the president. An extra-ordinary meeting of the executive may be called any time of the year by the secretary if at least one third of the members request for it. The meeting shall be chaired by the president and attendance by two thirds of the total number will constitute the quorum of the meeting. In the vent of incomplete quorum, the president may adjourn the meeting and re-convene it after a brief interval. The recommendations of the executive committee shall be put before the general body meeting to be held thereafter.
Powers & functions of the Executive Committee
The executive committee is the executive authority and as such shall have the powers to carry into effect the policies and programs of the association as laid down from time to time. It shall have the right to:
- Maintain regulations and issue instructions for proper working of the association and for maintenance and administration of the properties of the association and for the organization and maintenance of its publications.
- Appoint committees, sub-committees ad-hoc committees and standing committees as and when necessary
- Represent any matter in which it considers that the interests of the association or its members are affected, before the government or other public bodies or any properly constituted authority.
- Consider and decide applications for memberships, resignation of members, or chapters and the question of taking any disciplinary action as it may deem fit against any member or chapter for misconduct, willful neglect or default.
- Write off the whole or part of the unrealizable arrears of subscription of members, contributions from chapters or other outstanding dues of the association or its publications If considered desirable
- Appoint or remove salaried officers and employees of the association
- Sanction travel allowance for persons called for special meetings
- Amend byelaws as per rules stated
- Exercise subject to provision of rules, in addition to powers expressed by the act, rules and byelaws, all such power (and things) as may be sanctioned by the association.
An annual state level conference of KC-IAPM shall be organized on a rotational basis throughout the state of Karnataka. This conference may be organized by any institution (teaching / non-teaching) (department of pathology &/or microbiology &/or allied sciences) within the state of Karnataka. The venue for the conference shall be proposed by the executive body based on requests / bids that have been received, and finally approved by the general body of KC-IAPM. Requests for hosting the next annual state level conference shall be submitted to the Hon. Secretary of KC-IAPM in writing on official letter head, well before the association meets for the annual executive and general body meetings. The executive committee shall take various factors including date of request, location of the proposed conference in the light of previous locations and also capability of the proposed organizers, before putting it up the general body for final approval.
Affiliation of the Association
For the furtherance of objects of the association, KC-IAPM shall have the rights to affiliate / be affiliated with other relevant national / international associations / scientific bodies on mutually acceptable terms subject to approval by the general body of KC-AIPM.
Validity of proceedings
The proceedings of the council or any committee / sub-committee or any other body acting under the rules and byelaws of the association or any of its zonal branches shall not be invalidated by any accidental omission to give any notice there by required or by the vacancy among the members or by any defect in the election or qualification of any of their members.
Delegation of Authority
Where, by or under the rules and byelaws, any act or thing is required to be done by the association the same may be done by such office bearers, officers, or members of the association as the council may appoint for that purpose.
Amendments of the Memorandum rules & byelaws
- Amendments to the memorandum: proposals for change in the memorandum of the association as and when necessary shall be considered at a meeting of the executive committee specially convened for this purpose. The special meeting may either be held with physical presence of all members, or alternatively through group email communication. The proposed alterations must reach the headquarters at least 4 months before the date of the special meeting and shall be circulated to all members for opinion atleast 2 months before the date of the meeting. Due notice of the proposed change must be given in the agenda of the special meeting of the executive committee. No such proposal shall be carried into effect unless agreed to by the votes of 3/4th of the members present and voting at the special meeting and confirmed at the next annual general body meeting convened for this purpose.
- Amendments to the rules: Proposals for changes of rules shall ordinarily be considered only at the annual meeting of the executive committee. The proposed alterations must reach the headquarters of the association at least 4 months before the date of the annual meeting and circulated to the chapters and due notice of it must be given in the agenda of the annual meeting of the executive committee. Rules can only be changed by a 3/5th majority of members present and voting. Any additions to , modifications or repeal of the rules shall be considered to have come into force only after the proceedings of the meeting at which they have been passed has been confirmed at the next meeting of the annual general body. Due notice shall mean that the actual words of proposed alterations of the rules shall be included in the agenda of meeting of the council / AGB.
- Amendments of byelaws: On proper notice of at least 4 months before the annual general body meeting and after due circulation to members, byelaws can be amended and / or altered at the annual meeting of the executive committee / AGB. In anticipation of the approval of the AGB, the council may amend the byelaws at the meeting provided the proposed amendments have been duly circulated to members present and provided 3/4th of the members of the council present, vote for the amendments, if the council so decides.